The Illinois Association of School Business Officials is devoted to the school business management profession. Our mission is to provide our members and stakeholders with a comprehensive range of professional development activities, services and advocacy through networking and participation.
Practically speaking, this means:
- Developing school business professionals who are visionary educational leaders
- Providing networking opportunities, continuing education and training
- Promoting the value of the profession and empowering school business officials
- Fostering strong alliances among educational organizations
- Connecting school business officials to reliable companies, services and products for schools
Meet our current Current Board of Directors
and see the Board Goals and Strategies
for an even closer look at how we are carrying out this mission!
A little history…
- Illinois ASBO was founded in 1952.
- Illinois ASBO Professional Development Committees can be traced back to our second Annual Conference in 1953.
- The first Illinois ASBO Regional Organization was founded in 1962 to help service members throughout the state.
- Exhibiting was introduced at the Annual Conference in Peoria in 1997.
- Illinois ASBO headquarters are located in Dekalb, IL. This facility was completed in 1999 and made possible through generous support of members who donated over $600,000 to the building fund from 1996 - 2006! See the list of building fund donors.