ILLINOIS ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOL BUSINESS OFFICIALS
Last Updated: September 11, 2023
The Website and our services and products are not directed toward children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our records.
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Website includes the information described below.
- Visitor or Member Information: We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, employer’s name, job title, mailing address(es), e-mail address(es), telephone number(s), fax number and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, etc. that you voluntarily give to us to join Illinois ASBO, set up your membership account on the Website or when you choose to participate in various activities related to and/or accessible via the Website such as peer2peer and related discussion boards and communities. Such information is necessary to facilitate your access to, use of, purchase of or participation in our service and product offerings, including, but not limited to: membership; events, meetings or conferences; educational programs; and online forums.
- Payment Information: If you choose to purchase a product or service, we and/or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information, including, but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, card verification value (CVV) number and expiration date.
- Automated Information: Information our servers collect when you access the Website includes information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Website. In addition, if you access the Website using your mobile device, this information may also include your device name, type and manufacturer, your operating system, your phone number, your country, your likes and replies to a post and other interactions with the Website and other users via server log files, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
- Log Files: Log files store information such as a user’s IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp and number of clicks. Like most websites, the Illinois ASBO Website uses log files to analyze trends, administer the Website and track users’ movement on the Website.
- Data From Social Networks: User information from social networking sites, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks.
Illinois ASBO uses the information that we collect to provide our services and products and to operate our business. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes, for example, in order to:
- create and manage your membership account;
- provide a service or product you requested;
- secure your membership status;
- fulfill your membership benefits and purchases, orders, payments and other transactions;
- analyze, evaluate and improve member and prospective member needs and interests, and improve the member and prospective member experience;
- notify you (via email, telephone, mail and other means) of Illinois ASBO official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, benefits and offer new products, services and recommendations to you;
- contact you (via email, telephone, mail and other means) regarding your membership account, registrations or orders of our products and services;
- send you newsletters and other communications;
- track event, meeting and conference attendance;
- prepare member, attendee, sponsor and other lists and share or license such lists with third parties including, without limitation, other members, attendees, sponsors and exhibitors;
- increase the efficiency and operation of the Website and our mobile application;
- compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties;
- prepare invoices and process payments;
- respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us;
- respond to a notice of alleged copyright infringement;
- assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas;
- promote the function, safety and security of our services; and
- for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, we rely on multiple legal bases to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, including that:
- you have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time;
- it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations;
- it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- it is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions; and/or
- it is necessary to protect someone’s life.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis to collect, use, share or otherwise process your personal data, those interests include: providing a product or service you requested; securing your membership status; fulfilling your membership benefits; analyzing, evaluating and improving member and prospective member needs and interests; notifying you of Illinois ASBO official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products and benefits; tracking event, meeting and conference attendance; tracking education related activities; preparing invoices and processing payments; responding to communications and inquiries that you send to us; responding to a notice of alleged copyright infringement; and promoting the function, safety and security of our services.
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations with a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of Illinois ASBO or for other legitimate business purposes, including the following:
- Your name and contact information, as provided to Illinois ASBO, may be shared with Illinois ASBO’s partners, exhibitors, sponsors or other members to provide a service, satisfy a question or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to Illinois ASBO, may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at Illinois ASBO programs, events, meetings and conferences to other attendees and third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors or the like.
- We may share your personal information with third-parties that provide services to Illinois ASBO including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions and communications; program, event, meeting or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting or management; website hosting; database management; payment card processing; or other data processing.
- We may disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena, court order or law enforcement or other government agency inquiry or investigation or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We also may use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the insert link to Website Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement, to assert and defend against legal claims or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
- When you post comments, contributions or other content or otherwise connect with other users of the Website using peer2peer or otherwise, your posts may be viewed by other users and maybe publicly distributed outside the Website and peer2peer in perpetuity.
- If you interact with other users of the Website, peer2peer or any Illinois ASBO community, those users may view your posts along with your name, profile photo and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, posting or commenting on other users’ posts, liking posts, following blogs, etc.
- If all or part of Illinois ASBO is merged into or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer the personal information you provided to us to such entity as part of that transaction.
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer with to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins or settings.
There are external links to other websites throughout the Website. Please note that Illinois ASBO is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites and hereby disclaim any liability or responsibility in connection with such linked websites.
Access to and Control of Information
Illinois ASBO takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information seriously, and we will provide you with reasonable access to and control of the personal information that you have provided to us. You may request to update your personal information or to opt in to or opt out of any service offerings at any time.
Membership Account Information: You may at any time review or change the information in your membership account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
Emails and Communications: If you no longer wish to receive commercial correspondence, emails or other communications from us (such as advertisements, promotions, solicitation, etc.), you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Website.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights concerning your personal data, such as to access, obtain a copy of, correct or delete that information or to withdraw your consent or object to the collection, use, sharing or other processing of that information. To make any request with respect to your personal information, please contact Illinois ASBO as set forth below in the “Contact Information” section.
We employ reasonable security measures to protect your personal information. Online registration and information, such as payment card information, will be secured using a commercially accepted method of encryption. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. If you become aware of any breach of Website security, please contact us immediately.
If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information, including personal data, to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or to other countries outside the United States other than your country of residence. Countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, may have data privacy and protection laws that differ from, and potentially provide less protection than, the applicable laws in your country of residence.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website or our mobile application, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Northern Illinois University (IA-103)
108 Carroll Ave.
DeKalb, IL 60115
Telephone: (815) 762-0997