- Greet attendees.
- Identify yourself and then introduce the presenter(s).
- Illinois ASBO Moderator Slide
- Remind attendees that the evaluations will be done via an electronic survey. The survey should only take a few minutes, so encourage attendees to complete it. We value their feedback!
- Please remind attendees that breakout session materials will be available for downloading on the peer2peer Network, as well as the Electronic Resource Center (ERC). Please refer to this moderator slide for more information.
- Please remember that attendance should be for professional development and not for competing with other attendees or presenters.
- You may assist with presenter AV needs, but Illinois ASBO staff will be floating around the session rooms, designated for this purpose. All presenters have been instructed to bring their own laptops.
Please keep these items as reference while moderating:
- Please note that if a Service Associate is a presenter and uses the presentation as an arena to “sell” their product or services, the Moderator has the authority to stop the presentation if the presenter refuses to modify the content of their presentation. The Moderator will report such actions to the Deputy Executive Director of Illinois ASBO, Sue Bertrand, for follow-up.
- Due to a potential conflict of interest, no Moderator shall moderate a seminar given by an employee from their own company.
- Moderators are given the authority to ask any attendee to leave if they become combative with presenters.
- Any Service Associate presenter who violates these regulations may be excluded from presenting at future presentations, in addition, to loss of membership in the Association.