For those seeking a master’s degree, Northern Illinois University has become the quintessential training ground in the state for school business leaders! Students in the School Business Management program benefit from all NIU has to offer, plus an expansive pool of expertise and resources through Illinois ASBO student membership. Those who already have their master’s degree and meet the requirements can complete school business related coursework and an internship to earn their Chief School Business Official Endorsement.
Every student will exit the program with the breadth and depth of experience that is required to be successful in this growing educational leadership field. Learn more about a career in school business management.
- Study the many facets of school business administration — from financial planning and budgeting, to collective bargaining, safety and security and community relations.
- Take your career higher or train staff to take on a new role— including Chief Financial Officer, Director of Operations or Assistant Superintendent for Business.
- Nationally recognized faculty and instructors — experienced in both theory and practice.
- Real world experience — through a 300-hour internship overseen by practicing school business officials already serving in Illinois schools.
- A network of over 2200 school business professionals — plus free registration to seminars and the Annual Conference, indispensable publications as well as other Illinois ASBO membership benefits.