What is the SNA Certificate in School Nutrition?
SNA develops and encourages the highest standards in school nutrition programs and provides educational opportunities to ensure the professional development of its members. SNA's Certification Program is based on the standards of practice and indicators in the Keys to Excellence in School Food and Nutrition Programs that define nationally accepted standards for quality programs.
Why should I obtain the SNA Certificate in School Nutrition?
Becoming SNA certified adds credibility to your position and to your school's program. It is also a factor in attracting people to careers in school foodservice and nutrition.
- Increase your knowledge and skills of food safety and nutrition to create a healthy school environment.
- Enhance your professional image with parents, children and school administrators.
- Stay current on issues concerning school nutrition initiatives.
- Demonstrate commitment to your profession.
- Provide a career ladder you can use to advance in the field from assistant, to cook, to manager, to director.
How do I earn the SNA Certificate in School Nutrition?
There are four different levels of certification. Please refer to the SNA Certificate in School Nutrition Program Guide for information regarding requirements for each level.
SNA Certificate in School Nutrition - Program Guide