Mission: To promote and encourage professional expertise and growth in public purchasing by actively interchanging ideas and experiences.
The Purchasing PDC helps school business official understand and demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop a system to manage and track inventories and distribution.
- Develop a program for the acquisition, maintenance, repair, and disposal of equipment.
- Develop a system for the financial analysis of life cycle costs and quality control.
- Develop a system to track capital assets.
They focus on:
- Current methods of procurement of supplies, equipment, and services needed to operate school entities.
- Specification writing, supply management, customer service, and legal and ethical issues