A Community of Professionals Offering
Support, Connection, Knowledge and Advocacy Awaits
All school business administrators, support and facilities professionals at public and private school districts, colleges and universities are invited to join Illinois ASBO. Membership is for one year from the date payment is received by Illinois ASBO. And the benefits are endless.
A community of professionals is waiting for you.
Get the Most from Membership
Illinois ASBO membership offers a variety of ways to help you meet your career and professional development goals, while uniting you with powerful voices in Illinois legislature. Membership designed with you in mind. We know you have unique needs, and we’re here to serve you.
As an Illinois ASBO member, you:
Individual School District Benefits
Gain Access to Exclusive Career Support, Guidance and Community
Career Guidance + Professional Networking
Members gain access to the Career Center, home to a variety of resources and tools to help with career planning, including:
- Access to peer2peer, our exclusive online community where IL school business professionals can engage in timely discussions
- Support and guidance as you grow in your School Business Management role
- Access to the Illinois ASBO Job Bank, which connects you with jobs and talent
- Guidance for planning your transition into or out of a district
- Support navigating ever-changing standards, laws and state funding
- Our Member Directory which helps you grow your professional network and connects you with others across the state who share the same challenges
- Leadership Center — A variety of offerings focused on advancing the leadership skills of others
- Resources and tools, including the Illinois ASBO Buyer’s Guide, Risk Management Handbook, Purchasing Manual and templates for RFPs and RFQs
Member Programs & Benefits
Affinity programs and association programs, including:
- Alliance Created Programs
- Affinity Programs — Solicited or brought to Illinois ASBO by outside partners, these programs provide discounts, offers or services to you as an Illinois ASBO member benefit
Accelerate Your Commitment to Learning and Professional Development
Professional Knowledge + Training
Members find Illinois ASBO offers a variety of ways to meet their commitment to lifelong learning. Our publications will help you stay current while advancing your skills and knowledge. Our highly-valued publications and training help you stay current on hot topics facing school business professionals and include:
Have A Strong, United Voice in Illinois Legislature
Advocacy Leadership, Guidance + Support
Illinois ASBO is the foremost knowledgeable voice for promoting sound school business practices to the Illinois Legislature, ISBE and other stakeholders. Illinois ASBO members receive critical communications and updates.
- Advocacy Alerts — keep you apprised of what’s happening in Springfield that could affect your district and others across Illinois
- Business Members in good standing receive voting privileges