Thank you for your interest in Concordia University Chicago’s doctoral program in Educational Leadership. This doctoral program is for professionals who want to expand their knowledge and acquire advanced theoretical and practical knowledge, along with leadership skills that will position them as experts in their chosen fields.
Tuition for the Educational Leadership program is $695 per credit hour, but through the partnership with Illinois ASBO, a $50 per credit hour discount will be applied making the cost $645 per credit. This rate is guaranteed not to increase over the life of your enrollment in the program as long as students remain continuously enrolled. In addition, a technology fee of $15 per credit hour ($45 per 3-credit course) will be assessed for the purpose of supporting and enhancing student learning.
This highly competitive program will limit class size to 18 candidates per class, so the programs will fill quickly. We encourage you to submit the online application with the application fee and complete all other admission requirements by stated deadlines.
The deadline for receipt of all documents is August 7, 2018. You may access application checklist and the link to apply here: 2018 Concordia Application Packet. Please be sure to only use the link in the packet and do NOT apply through the Concordia University Chicago website.
- Master’s degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- A completed Doctor of Education Online Application
- An objective statement, including personal goals
- Official transcripts and current GRE or GMAT scores (test taken within the prior three years).
- Current resume highlighting teaching/CSBO administrative experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- At least two years of successful teaching/CSBO administrative experience is required for the Superintendent Endorsement
- A paper that demonstrates ability to write in a scholarly manner at a graduate level
- A copy of current Illinois license(s)